How Much Are Closeboard Panels?
Closeboard panels, also known as feather edge or featherboard fencing, are a popular wood fencing option that provides enhanced privacy and security for gardens and properties. In this article, we will provide an overview of closeboard panels, discuss their advantages and disadvantages, and explore East Coast Fencing's closeboard panel pricing.
What Are Closeboard Panels?
Closeboard panels are made from tapered, vertical wooden boards (feather edge), which are placed side-by-side and overlapping each other. They are secured to horizontal rails with the use of galvanised nails, providing a strong and sturdy fencing option.
There are several advantages to closeboard fencing, including:
- Privacy: Due to the overlapping nature of the boards, closeboard panels provide excellent privacy, making them ideal for enclosing gardens or patio spaces.
- Durability: Closeboard panels are made from pressure-treated timber, which helps them resist rot and insect damage. This makes them a long-lasting choice for fencing.
- Customisation: Closeboard panels can be easily painted or stained to match your property's aesthetic, and they are available in various heights to suit your specific requirements.
However, with these benefits come a few drawbacks:
- Installation: Closeboard fencing can be challenging to install for DIY enthusiasts due to the precision needed for overlapping the boards correctly, making professional installation a necessity for some property owners.
- Maintenance: Although they are pressure-treated, closeboard panels may require periodic maintenance, such as painting or staining, to keep them in good condition and extend their lifespan.
East Coast Fencing Closeboard Panel Pricing
As a leading supplier of wooden fencing, East Coast Fencing offers a range of high-quality closeboard panels to meet your fencing needs. Prices for these panels are dependent on factors such as the size, material quality, and any additional features such as decorative tops.
For instance, a standard 6 x 6 foot (1.83 x 1.83 meters) closeboard panel from East Coast Fencing typically costs around £40 to £60 per panel, but this can vary depending on the aforementioned factors. As with most fencing, you'll also need to factor in costs for posts, fixings, and installation if you're not planning on installing the fence yourself.
To get an accurate quote and find the perfect closeboard panel solution for your property, it's always best to reach out to East Coast Fencing directly.
Closeboard panels are a versatile and durable fencing option that provides excellent privacy for residential and commercial properties alike. Though they can be more challenging to install than other types of fencing, the long-lasting nature and customisation options of closeboard panels make them a worthwhile investment for many property owners. To get an accurate pricing estimate for your specific needs, contact East Coast Fencing to discuss your requirements and explore their range of high-quality closeboard panel options.