We understand that sometimes a product may not meet your expectations, that's why at East Coast Fencing, we offer a hassle-free returns policy for online orders in the UK. Please read the following information to ensure a smooth return process.
Return Time Period
If you decide to return any items, you have up to 14 working days after the date of delivery to instruct us of your return or cancellation, as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Once you have instructed us, you must return the goods to us within a further 14 working days.
To be eligible for a return, items must meet the following conditions:
- The product must be unused and in a re-saleable condition.
- The item must not be a made-to-order or custom item. Made-to-order items and custom products are not eligible for return (this will be specified on the individual product page).
- The item must not be a concrete product, as we cannot offer collection services for these due to their weight.
- Delivery charges are non-refundable.
If your returned item meets these conditions, we will restock the product and issue a refund within 14 working days of receiving the returned products.
Refunds will be processed to the original payment method used for the purchase.
Return Shipping Responsibility
It is the customer's responsibility to meet all product return costs through their own arrangements. However, if you prefer, East Coast Fencing can offer a collection service for goods to be returned at a flat rate of 20% of the return value.
If goods are loaded on our delivery vehicle and dispatched for delivery but delivery is refused, there is a 20% restocking fee to cover costs incurred.
Please note that our collection charges are not for profit; delivering heavy and bulky items comes at a substantial cost, and any delivery fees we charge contribute only a small amount to the actual cost.
At East Coast Fencing we understand that things can come up unexpectedly, and sometimes plans change. That's why we have a cancellation policy in place that is fair to both parties. If for any reason you need to cancel your order, we require that you give us 24 hours notice so we can adjust our delivery schedule accordingly. If you do need to cancel less than 24 hours before your expected delivery day we will charge a 10% fee. We hope this policy gives you peace of mind when placing your order with us, and we look forward to serving you soon.
Timber Characteristics Not Covered by Returns Policy
Due to the nature of the timber used in the manufacture of our fencing products, minor defects may naturally occur in the material or as a result of changes in the external environment. These defects do not affect the integrity of the products, and therefore, they are not covered by our returns policy. These include:
- Splits in the timber that may occur naturally or due to damage from assembly.
- Warping of the timber over time.
- Chips in the timber from knot holes (can be easily repaired using non-toxic wood glue).
- Sap residue from timber.
- Coloration changes in pressure-treated timber.
- Gaps caused by the expansion and contraction of the timber throughout the seasons.
We hope this returns policy provides you with the information you need while shopping with East Coast Fencing. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.